Have you started planning your next project?
After being in the industry for 20 years, we have had the opportunity to answer several questions. However, when it comes to budgets, these two questions come up often during the budget planning season.
“When is the right time to start planning my project budget?”
Depending on your company’s reserve processes, keep up to date with possible or impending costs of work is key to a streamlined and successful year. So, when is the right time? Now, there’s no harm in being prepared.
“How do I go about planning a budget if I don’t know what to expect? Who can I work with to help plan my budget?”
Planning your budget starts with knowing your business partners; a good business partner provides clear and complete information to you regardless of the type or size of any given project. The SERVICE that the business partner offers is key to knowing what to expect. A trades professional will be able to honestly tell you what they think is imminent and what can wait, will provide a clear scope of work and a fair cost for the project.
Some things to keep in mind when planning your budgets:
- Timing is key! Leave ample time to thoroughly assess your budgets.
- Determine your scope of work, or have a general idea. We will help with the rest.
- Site maps are much appreciated, but not necessary.
- How soon do you think this work will happen? We’ll need to make reasonable assumptions regarding labor and material costs if its several years out.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for help. We love helping clients build bids for projects.
Our team offers budgeting assistance, which mainly happens from April – June. If we can help you, please let our team know here!